Part of a complete MPA Outreach Toolkit featuring conveniently packaged MPA curriculum, materials, and related activities for educators. Designed to improve MPA education, outreach, compliance and stewardship among students.
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Analyze data using tools, technologies, and/or models (e.g., computational, mathematical) in order to make valid and reliable scientific claims or determine an optimal design solution.
- Analyze data using computational models in order to make valid and reliable scientific claims.
- Ask questions that arise from examining models or a theory to clarify relationships.
- Construct and revise an explanation based on valid and reliable evidence obtained from a variety of sources (including students' own investigations, models, theories, simulations, peer review) and the assumption that theories and laws that describe the na
- Use a computational representation of phenomena or design solutions to describe and/or support claims and/or explanations.
- Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
- Ecosystem Dynamics, Functioning, and Resilience
- Natural Selection
- Biodiversity and Humans
- Science Life Sciences
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #5: The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems.
- SEE 5 MORE +
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #6: The ocean and humans are inextricably interconnected.
- Ocean Literacy Principles
- English Language Arts Reading
- Science Scientific Investigation and Application