Part of a complete MPA Outreach Toolkit featuring conveniently packaged MPA curriculum, materials, and related activities for educators. Designed to improve MPA education, outreach, compliance and stewardship among students.
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Analyze data using tools, technologies, and/or models (e.g., computational, mathematical) in order to make valid and reliable scientific claims or determine an optimal design solution.
- Analyze data using computational models in order to make valid and reliable scientific claims.
- Ask questions that arise from examining models or a theory to clarify relationships.
- Analyze complex real-world problems by specifying criteria and constraints for successful solutions.
- Use mathematical representations of phenomena to support claims.
- Create a computational model or simulation of a phenomenon, designed device, process, or system.
- Natural Resources
- Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- Patterns in the natural and human designed world can be observed and used as evidence.
- Events have causes that generate observable patterns.
- Cause and effect relationships are routinely identified, tested, and used to explain change.
- English Language Arts
- Science Life Sciences
- SEE 8 MORE +
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #5: The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems.
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #6: The ocean and humans are inextricably interconnected.
- Ocean Literacy Principles
- English Language Development Oral Communication
- English Language Development Reading Comprehension and Fluency
- Science Scientific Investigation and Application
- English Language Arts Speaking and Listening