Part of a complete MPA Outreach Toolkit featuring conveniently packaged MPA curriculum, materials, and related activities for educators. Designed to improve MPA education, outreach, compliance and stewardship among students.
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Analyze data using tools, technologies, and/or models (e.g., computational, mathematical) in order to make valid and reliable scientific claims or determine an optimal design solution.
- Ask questions that arise from examining models or a theory to clarify relationships.
- Analyze complex real-world problems by specifying criteria and constraints for successful solutions.
- Design, evaluate, and/or refine a solution to a complex real-world problem, based on scientific knowledge, student-generated sources of evidence, prioritized criteria, and tradeoff considerations.
- Use mathematical representations of phenomena or design solutions to support and revise explanations.
- Biodiversity and Humans
- Weather and Climate
- Natural Resources
- Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- Global Climate Change
- English Language Arts
- Science Life Sciences
- SEE 9 MORE +
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #3: The ocean is a major influence on weather and climate.
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #5: The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems.
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #6: The ocean and humans are inextricably interconnected.
- Ocean Literacy Principles
- English Language Development Oral Communication
- Science Scientific Investigation and Application
- English Language Arts Speaking and Listening
- English Language Arts Writing