Part of a complete MPA Outreach Toolkit featuring conveniently packaged MPA curriculum, materials, and related activities for educators. Designed to improve MPA education, outreach, compliance and stewardship among students.
- Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects
- Identify key steps in a text\'s description of a process related to history/social studies (e.g., how a bill becomes law, how interest rates are raised or lowered).
- Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
- Determine the central ideas or conclusions of a text; trace the text\'s explanation or depiction of a complex process, phenomenon, or concept; provide an accurate summary of the text.
- Integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, or table).
- Support claim(s) with logical reasoning and relevant, accurate data and evidence that demonstrate an understanding of the topic or text, using credible sources.
- Integrate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) in order to make informed decisions and solve problems, evaluating the credibility and accuracy of each source and noting any discrep
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Analyze and interpret data to determine similarities and differences in findings.
- Construct and interpret graphical displays of data to identify linear and nonlinear relationships.
- Ecosystem Dynamics, Functioning, and Resilience
- Biodiversity and Humans
- Weather and Climate
- Natural Resources
- Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- English Language Arts
- English Language Development
- SEE 13 MORE +
- English Language Development Foundational Literacy Skills
- Science Life Sciences
- English Language Development Listening Skills
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #1: The Earth has one big ocean with many features.
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #5: The ocean supports a great diversity of life and ecosystems.
- Ocean Literacy Principles Ocean Literacy Principle #6: The ocean and humans are inextricably interconnected.
- Ocean Literacy Principles
- English Language Development Oral Communication
- English Language Arts Reading
- English Language Development Reading Comprehension and Fluency
- English Language Arts Speaking and Listening
- English Language Arts Writing
- English Language Development Written Communication