**This blog entry orginally appeared on the website oceanspaces.org.**/p>
California Ocean Science Trust, together with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and California Ocean Protection Council, invite you to take part in an open, informal exchange as we share the results of the North Central Coast Marine Protected Area (MPA) Baseline Program, and other assessments conducted over the first five years of MPA implementation.
All members of the North Central Coast ocean community are welcome, including those interested in the monitoring, evaluation, and management of the region’s MPAs and oceans. Local, state, and tribal government representatives, fishermen, researchers, nonprofit organizations, citizen scientists, divers, surfers, paddlers, wildlife enthusiasts, and all other ocean stewards are encouraged to join us.
Each community gathering will follow a similar agenda and will provide participants the opportunity to:
- Learn about the recently released State of the California North Central Coast report, which provides a comprehensive picture of the marine ecology and ocean activities of the region.
- Share how baseline results are most useful to community interests, including priority habitats, species, and geographies in the region.
- Explore ways to make the baseline results widely accessible to a diverse audience.
- Discuss North Central Coast monitoring activities beyond 2015, including opportunities for partnership building and broadening the knowledge base that informs MPA monitoring in the region—i.e., how would you like to be engaged as monitoring continues in the region?
- Gain information on how to get and stay involved in MPA monitoring in your region.
Click here to download a copy of our event flyer. RSVPs are appreciated, but not required: email@example.com or 707.832.4088. Light fare will be served at each community gathering. Thank you for sharing this invitation with friends and colleagues who might be interested in participating!
Gualala: Tuesday, December 1
46501 Old State Hwy
Gualala, CA 95445
Bodega Bay: Wednesday, December 2
Bodega Bay Grange Hall
1370 Bodega Ave
Bodega Bay, CA 94923
Half Moon Bay: Thursday, December 3
Half Moon Bay High School
1 Lewis Foster Dr
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
For more information about our work on the North Central Coast, please call us at 707.832.4088 or visit bit.ly/northcentralcoastmonitoring. To explore the recently released State of the California North Central Coast report, visit http://oceanspaces.org/nccsotr.