Scientific Collection and
School Group Use of MPAs

All scientific collection activities require a permit from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, as well as notification of local reserve managers. Ocean Protection Council and Collaborative Network staff are working to streamline the localized permitting process for data collection and school group use of marine protected areas.

Please check back to be kept updated on our progress.