January 11, 2021 at 3:04 pm #8840nicoleKeymaster
The Tribal Marine Stewards Network (TMSN) is hiring a project coordinator. The request for qualifications can be seen here.
The Tribal Marine Stewards Network (TMSN) is a developing network of Tribes in California that is focused on enhancing the capacity of California’s coastal Tribes to steward, monitor and manage their ancestral lands and waters. California’s Tribes remain the original stewards of the coast and ocean and continue to rely upon these special places for food, medicine, ceremony, and other customary uses. Tribal partners in the TMSN include the Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation, Resighini Rancheria, Kashia Band of Pomo Indians, and the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band. They are joined by California Indian Environmental Alliance (CIEA) and Ecotrust, nongovernmental organizations providing technical and other support. As a pilot project to launch the TMSN, the California Ocean Protection Council (OPC) funded a 2-year marine monitoring and tribal community engagement project (Project).
PROJECT COORDINATOR SCOPE OF WORK:
The TMSN is seeking a contractor to serve as the Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator would serve as the connector for the TMSN, assisting the partners to ensure the successful implementation of the Project, according to the scope of the grant. To guide this work, the Project Coordinator will follow a workplan developed by the Tribal Partners in coordination with the Project Coordinator.
Core activities for the Project Coordinator include:
● Coordinate, facilitate meetings of the TMSN
● Support coordination, travel logistics, and agenda development for Annual Meeting in Year 2; collaborate with Contracted Facilitator for meeting planning.
● Coordinate technical trainings identified by the TMSN
● Track additional data and technical needs identified by/for the TMSN
● Maintain contact list of the participants in the TMSN and outside collaborators
● Maintain TMSN shared folder where draft and final Deliverables are stored
● Track workplan tasks of the TMSN partners and provide reminder prompts for upcoming deadlines
● Identify additional funding sources
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.