Information about ocean trash and how to conduct an ocean clean up. Part of a complete MPA Outreach Toolkit featuring conveniently packaged MPA curriculum, materials, and related activities for educators. Designed to improve MPA education, outreach, compliance and stewardship among students.(read less)
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Use observations (firsthand or from media) to describe patterns in the natural world in order to answer scientific questions.
- Analyze and interpret data to make sense of phenomena using logical reasoning.
- Analyze and interpret data to determine similarities and differences in findings.
- Make observations (firsthand or from media) to collect data that can be used to make comparisons.
- Plan and conduct investigations collaboratively to produce data to serve as the basis for evidence to answer a question.
- Natural Resources
- Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- Events have causes that generate observable patterns.
- Scientists study the natural and material world.
- Most scientists and engineers work in teams.