At this time, the Collaborative Network is not hiring. Please check back here and sign up for our newsletter (below) to be updated with new opportunities.
Volunteer and Citizen/Community Science Opportunities
- MPA Watch
- A network of programs that support healthy oceans through community science by collecting human use data in and around our protected areas.
- Snapshot Cal Coast
- Document coastal biodiversity in this annual, statewide bioblitz using iNaturalist.
- Save Our Shores
- Ensuring Monterey Bay thrives today and for decades to come. Become a Sanctuary Steward, a certified volunteer that plays an integral role in the organization, or volunteer at one of their many events and beach clean-ups.
- Phytoplankton Monitoring Network – NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science
- A community-based network of volunteers monitoring marine phytoplankton and harmful algal blooms (HABs).
- California Collaborative Fisheries Research Program (CCFRP)
- Volunteer anglers collect valuable data on economically important marine species.
- Reef Check
- Volunteer to monitor California’s rocky reefs inside and outside of marine protected areas (MPAs).
- LiMPETS (Long-term Monitoring Program and Experiential Training for Students)
- Citizen science program for students, educators, and volunteer groups. Citizen scientists monitor the coastal ecosystems of California’s national marine sanctuaries, increasing awareness and stewardship of these important areas.