**This blog entry orginally appeared on the website oceanspaces.org.**/p>
This week we’re kicking off a big celebration. No, not for the holidays. This one’s for the community involved in monitoring California’s statewide network of MPAs! The science and research happening in this network — and beyond — involves a broad community: fishermen, tribes, researchers, citizen scientists, resource managers and more. Will you join us in celebrating them?
We’ll be sharing stories and research from the incredible work happening along our coast, using the hashtag #10DaysOfMPAs. Help us spread the word about new findings and ideas coming from the MPAs. Join the conversation — and share with your friends and colleagues. Here’s how:
1. Share stories and research via Twitter
- Mention: @CaliforniaDFW, @CASeaGrant, @CaliforniaOST, and @ThePacificOcean
- Use Twitter Hashtags: #10DaysOfMPAs, #CalifMPAs and #MPAsWork
— OceanSpaces (@Ocean_Spaces) December 5, 2014
2. Check out the latest on OceanSpaces
- Get the latest information on MPAs in California
- Explore the North Central Coast Snapshot Report
- Share your work via the OceanSpaces blog
3. Share stories and research via Facebook
- Mention: California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Sea Grant, University of Southern California Sea Grant, California Ocean Science Trust
- Use Hashtags: #10DaysOfMPAs, #CalifMPAs and #MPAsWork
Thanks for joining the conversation! We’re look forward to seeing your stories next week.
The celebration runs 10 days — starting December 8 and running Monday – Friday until December 19, the 2-year anniversary of California’s statewide network of Marine Protected Areas.